As you make your list and check it twice, be sure to add Gurkha Cigars to your gift giving prospectus. Impress your guy with a cigar selection that evokes both luxury and culture. Score!
Gurkha is the maker of the world’s most expensive and exclusive cigars. While the company has brands for every price point, Gurkha is known to cater to the uber wealthy. Perfect for celebratory moments, the most expensive special edition cigar Gurkha retails for $350,000 for a box of 20 cigars. Don't pull out your black card just yet, that unprecedented collection is SOLD OUT! (insert not-so-sad face).
Here's a quick cigar 101 to help you choose the perfect cigar for your beau.
· The body: Decide if you are looking for a mild, medium or full-bodied cigar.
· The size: If it’s a short experience, then you want to look for a Toro-size cigar. If it’s longer, then you may want to try a Churchill.
· The flavor: Determine what flavor profiles you would like to experience: sweet, smoky, spicy, chocolaty, leathery, peppery, woody, earthy, nutty, creamy, etc.
· The price: If this is your first time smoking a cigar, stay away from the higher-priced cigars since, at this point, you won’t be able to truly savor the distinguishing elements of an expensive cigar. There are plenty of inexpensive cigars that hold top ratings from major cigar publications.
· The rating: Most cigar publications rate cigars. Those with good scores are typically posted.
· The construction: This will determine how smooth and even the draw is when you smoke it. You can test the construction of a cigar by rolling it between the thumb and index finger of your hand. You want the cigar to have a nice even consistency and fill. With a well-constructed cigar, the ash will maintain the shape of the cigar as it is smoked.
xo - Janelle